The American Council for Economy and Energy Efficiency (ACEEE for its acronym in English) unveiled the greenest and more efficient vehicles of 2012. This is the list:
12. 2012 Toyota Yaris: In the case of the Yaris, is one of the three cars listed that isn’t hybrid or electric. It has a four-cylinder engine and 1.5 liter 106 horsepower that provides up to 38 miles per gallon. Its efficiency is 30/38 miles per gallon city / highway.
11. 2012 Honda CR-Z: this is a hybrid which comes with a four-cylinder 1.5-liter engine that produces 122 horsepower with a 100 volt electric motor. Its efficiency is /35/39/37/ mpg for / city / highway / combined / with CVT (Continuously variable transmission) and /31/37/34/ miles per gallon for the / city / highway / combined / for models with manual transmission.
10. 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE: It works with a four-cylinder 2.5 liters engine and an electric motor with "Hybrid Synergy Drive" technology. Its performance is 43/39/41 mpg city / highway / combined.
9. 2012 Lexus CT 200h: It has a 1.8-liter gasoline engine attached to an electric motor, in combination reach a total of 134 horsepower. It has a fuel economy of 43/40/42 miles per gallon city / highway / combined.
8. 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid 2012: Operates with a four-cylinder 1.5 liter engine connected to an electric motor and together produce 110 horsepower. Its yield is 44 miles per gallon in the city, highway and combined.
7. 2012 Scion iQ: Compared with previous models, this Scion has a more sporty approach. Although it has only one gasoline engine, is another model that achieved positioned itself among the 12 more efficient cars. Its engine is a 1.3 liter four-cylinder. Its fuel efficiency is 44/44 mpg city / highway.
6. 2012 Smart fortwo cabriolet / coupe: it looks a more modern look for its 2012 version, in addition to a wide range of engines to choose from. It is the third vehicle with conventional gasoline engine joined the list. With its 1.0-liter engine its efficiency is 34/38 mpg city / highway.
5. 2012 Honda Insight Hybrid: It has an engine i-VTEC gasoline engine of 1.3-liter 4 cylinder and a 10 kilowatt electric motor that produces 98 horsepower. The fuel efficiency is 41/44/42 mpg city / highway / combined.
4. 2012 Toyota Prius: It uses a four-cylinder engine gasoline engine and 1.8-liter giving it134 horsepower. It has a fuel efficiency of 51/48/54 miles per gallon city / highway / combined.
3. 2012 Nissan LEAF: It is an electric vehicle that received the same score that the Honda Civic of natural gas. Its engine is electric of high response 80kW whose fuel efficiency is 106/92/99 MPGe in city, highway and combined.
2. 2012 Honda Civic of natural gas: This model ranked first on this list for eight years. It is now in second place. Its fuel efficiency is 27/38/55 MPGe for the city / highway / combined.
1. 2012 Mitsubishi iMiEV: It was named the greenest car of 2012. It is an electric vehiclewhose fuel efficiency is 126/99/112 MPGe in city / highway / combined, respectively.