IRVINE, California - Insurance.com presented awards to the cars with the cheapest insurance, where the Mazda Tribute I led the 2010 list. This award honors cars that are among the cheapest to insure based on an average insurance price for more than 2,400 models of 2010.
Although the Mazda SUV was the absolute winner, Insurance.com published the list with the cheapest cars of each segment:
For the manufacturer, this award proves that they are able to produce sports cars, affordable and accessible to ensure, increasing the value of their products. Meanwhile, Insurance.com added that price of car insurance is based on various factors such as where you live, age and driving record. When the collision insurance and extended warranty purchase comes to buying, your vehicle plays an essential role as cars with a history of costly losses usually raise the price of insurance.
There are other points that can generate a history of loss and raising the cost of insurance:
* If car repairs are expensive
* If people traveling in the car suffered more injuries in an accident than the occupants of other vehicles.
* If the car is among the favorites of thieves and lead the theft complaints
* If the car is a popular choice among young people and inexperienced drivers that often have too many complaints.
However you can reduce the insurance cost thus you drive one of the most expensive cars to protect like the Porsche 911, if:
* Keep your driving record clean
* Ask only for major damage claims
* Improve your credit history
* Reduce your annual mileage traveled
* You move to Maine which is the cheapest state to insure cars according Insurance.com
To measure the insurance rate they took the same parameters and compared the price of six of the largest insurers in the United States to over 10 zip codes by state. If you want to compare the insurance cost of your car you can use the interactive tools of the Insurance.com page and no matter what your car you can have the lowest rate.